Simple, Easy Tips on Saving Money
Tips on saving money can be simple and easy and help cut cost on everyday household items and tasks.
- Cut dry sheets in half.
- Install a water filter and stop buying bottled water.
- Buy different cuts of meat. It can be less expensive to buy a whole chicken and cut it up yourself versus buying the higher priced boneless chicken breasts.
- Wash and reuse plastic bags.
- Clean your own carpets.
- Use Skype to make free, long distance phone calls.
- Fill out and return rebates and discount forms.
- Buy refurbished equipment and appliances.
- Internet shop for online discounts.
- Request discounts (lower rates) from any vendor that provides services. Most are willing to reduce rates to match competing offers.
- Pay premiums on an annual basis.
- Increase insurance deductibles.
- Cut your family’s hair.
- Buy clothing at thrift or outlet stores.
- Buy used text books for school and college.
- Refill printer ink cartridges instead of buying new ones.
- Make you own clothes.
- Sign up for all rewards programs.
- Give handmade gifts (baked goods and foods, cards, candles, baskets, and clothing), or give a gift of service (babysitting and lawn care).
- Have a garage sale.
- Read books and magazines, and watch DVDs free from the library.
- Buy an Entertainment book.
- Invite friends over for a potluck.
- Swap books, magazine, and DVDs with close family and friends.
See More About: Energy Saving Tips
| Ways To Save On Credit Card Expenses
Return From Tips on Saving Money To Wellness-Helper Home Page