Emotional Wellness PutsBalance Into Our Life
Emotional wellness defines our inner self.
It’s an understanding that what we think and how we feel and act, are not only driven by the circumstances in our life at the time, but by how we face the internal challenge and balance of positive and negative emotions.
An emotionally well person:
Definition of Wellness
- Maintains and cultivates new, healthy friendships and relationships. People who have a lot of friends and social support are happier.
- Has a good sense of humor. Laughter has a way to diffuse most situations and make us feel better.
- Has quiet time. Find time, however small it may be, to be alone without an outside interference for relaxation and to recharge your emotional batteries.
- Responds in the appropriate manner when dealing with emotions. Learn to act on the situation instead of 'reacting' to the situation.
- Manages stress effectively. Outlets such as
or participating in a hobby are just a few healthy ways to reduce stress.
- Copes with negative emotions in healthy and positive ways. Find activities and create strategies where you feel calm and in control of the situation.
- Has a positive body image, good self-esteem, and is self-confident. You are what you are. Accept what you have, change what you can, and stay positive within your body and mind.
| Spiritual Wellness
Return From Emotional Wellness To Wellness-Helper Home Page