wellness-helper.comConnecting Health and Wellness
At wellness-helper.com we know that your time is valuable. We also understand that there are times when everyone needs alittle help searching the Internet for credible information and resources.
want to HELP you find balance in your life.
Whether you're starting a new exercise program, or choosing the most nutritious fruits
for a healthy diet, wellness-helper.com wants to
help you find the valuable information you need to make healthier and smarter health and wellness choices.
It's really as simple and easy as that.
At wellness-helper.com you can find topics to improve your quality of life in areas of nutrition, exercise
personal finances, and overall health and well-being.
Let's face it, we are each unique and oh so complex. Everything from our health and wellness to overall well-being ... is different.
What we may place a high priority on, you may not. And visa versa.
Good emotional and physical health doesn’t just happen naturally. It takes time and patience.
Good health and wellness habits can be incorporated into daily living to make life peaceful and enjoyable.
The goal of this website is to help you achieve better health and wellness and:
- Live a healthy life
- Have more energy
- Be financially stable
- Have meaningful and lasting relationships
- Look good and
- Feel GREAT!!
A healthy lifestyle includes a healthy diet. So, we ask ...
Are you getting the proper nutrition from the foods that you eat?
Most of us at wellness-helper.com would say, 'I think so.' But the reality is ... that we are not.
We know that proper nutrition is the cornerstone for a healthy diet, but in today's culture of choices..., choices..., and 'would you like that super sized' ... how can we even begin to eat better?
Start by making healthy food choices; choosing a variety of different foods.
We know that's easier said than done.
But, what if we told you that knowing the 'what' and 'how' to eating better is as easy as learning a few, helpful nutrition tips?
Believe us, these are simple and easy tips
use every time you plan, shop, or eat a meal.
Health Nutrition Tip# 1 -
Eat Smarter By ...
Know the nutritional facts for the foods that you like to eat.
You'll be better prepared if or when caught you're caught outside of your normal routine and have to 'eat on the fly'.
Learn which foods are in the major food groups
and understand which foods you can eat or substitute in a pinch.
Another area where we can make healthier and smarter health and wellness choices is through exercise.
Are you taking advantage of what daily exercise has to offer?
It's hard to ignore how many areas of life that are positively directly affected by participating in a minimum of 20 minutes (30 minutes is even better) of physical activity.
Health experts from around the globe are in agreement that the benefits of exercise
are NOT just physical
In addition to the obvious physical benefits, daily exercise
Who wouldn't want to experience benefits like that?
- Higher levels of self-esteem and confidence
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- A good night's sleep
- Increased libido
- Improved mental awareness
Not only do we at wellness-helper.com, but a large majority of us do!!
Millions of people, for whatever initial reason to become healthier, have found that they can achieve personal fulfillment, emotional-wellness, and spiritual awareness
, as a bonus to proper nutrition and exercise.
The positive charactertics of better health
intertwine and merge into new thoughts and processes. Some of the added 'wellness' benefits are:
- Our relationships become more productive and meaningful
THE MIND AND THE BODY ARE LINKED
All of the information presented is considered to be general in nature and should not be used as a substitute for a professional opinion.
We try to add and update new topics, references, and resources daily, so please check back for the latest information.
Our site contains many pages covering varying aspects of health and nutrition. If you can't find the information that you're looking for at wellness-helper.com, use the Site Search
button to search all of the pages on this website.
Check out all of the articles on this site:
- The Benefits of Exercise Are Not Just Physical
- It’s been proven time and again how the benefits of exercise can sometime increase our overall health and wellness by integrating just one type of exercise into your daily routine.
- The Importance of Exercise For Good Health
- To fully appreciate the importance of exercise, you must first understand how the body converts food into energy and how energy burns calories.
- Starting a Daily Exercise Program Can be a Challenge
- Starting a daily exercise program can be difficult. A few suggestions ...
- What Types of Exercise (Aerobic, Flexibility, or Strengthening) are Best for You
- With all of the different types of exercise to choose from, how do you know which one is right for you?
- High and Low-Impact Aerobic Exercise
- Aerobic exercise strengthens muscles, promotes endurance and increased stamina, and is one of the best ways to lose weight.
- Step Aerobics Offers A Great Cardio Workout
- Step aerobics are more rigorous and intensive workouts that burn more calories and lose more body fat.
- Strength Training Exercises Promote Strong Muscles and Increased Bone Mass
- Strength training exercises build and tone muscle, increase bone mass, and improve endurance.
- Flexibility Exercises Lengthens Muscle And Increases Joint Motion
- As we age, our muscle and joint flexibility unfortunately decrease and tighten. Flexibility exercises are a great fitness solution to this problem.
- Health Nutrition Finding a Balance Between the Two
- Health Nutrition: it’s hard to be on top of fitness and nutrition 100 percent of the time.
- High Protein Foods Are Absolutely Essential For Building Strong Muscle
- If you're looking to build strong muscle, high protein foods such as meats and beans should be the cornerstone of your diet.
- Whole Grains Are A Great Source of Carbs, Protein, Vitamins, and Minerals
- Whole grains are a great source of carbs, protein, and vitamins.
- Fruit Nutrition is Emphasized By Eating Alot of Fresh Fruits
- Discover fruit nutrition through eating fresh fruits of bright colors and textures.
- Can Vegetable Nutrition Really be Based on Color?
- Yes, it is true that vegetable nutrition is based on color. The darker the vegetable, the healthier it is for you.
- A Quick List of Vegetables From the Vegetable Food Group
- The list of vegetables from the Vegetable Group offer a variety of colors and textures.
- What is the Nutrition Guide and Who Makes It?
- The Nutrition Guide recommends ways to improve overall American health (through proper nutrition) and reduce the risk of major chronic diseases (through diet and physical activity).
- The Nutrition Pyramid Promotes Healthy Nutrition and Encourages Daily Exercise
- The Nutrition Pyramid got a face lift, a name change to MyPyramid, and a new concept was introduced - ONE SIZE DOESN'T FIT ALL.
- The Major Food Groups as Defined by MyPryamid
- Learning what foods are in the major food groups teaches us how to maintain a healthy calorie intake.
- The Major Food Groups Promote Healthy Eating and Healthy Diet
- Learn how to eat a healthy, well-balanced diet by knowing what foods are in each of the major food groups.
- Managing Money Through Proper Budget Planning and Expense Tracking
- The key to managing money is having a goal and setting a plan of action into place to achieve this goal.
- Budget Planning Defines Essential and Non-Essential Living Expenses
- Budget planning requires an honest evaluation of what you earn and spend, prioritizing expenses with the most essential expenses first.
- Create a Family Budget Through Budget Planning and Expense Tracking
- Track how much you're spending on the family budget.
- A Household Budget Starts With Budget Planning and Expense Tracking
- A household budget should enable you to live within your financial means, become debt free, and secure your financial future.
- Money Saving Ideas To Evaluate Your Mortgage Financing
- Money saving ideas and strategies to help decide if your mortgage financing is the best for you.
- Save Money on Groceries Through Simple Cut Backs
- Saving money on groceries is a good way to trim the family budget and gain better financial health.
- Energy Saving Tips to be More Efficient Inside and Outside of Your Home
- Energy saving tips that save money and use less energy.
- Money Saving Tips to Keep You on Track and Within Your Budget
- Money saving tips for energy savings, groceries, and everyday household items and tasks.
- Tips on Saving Money on Everyday Tasks and Items
- Tips on saving money - simple, easy, everyday things you can do to save money.
- Ways to Save Money on Your Credit Cards and Banking Fees
- There are several ways to save money by shopping for the best bank and credit card rates.
- How to Save Money by Cutting Vehicle Transportation Costs
- Several suggestions on to how to save money by cutting your car or truck expenses.
- Emotional Wellness Defines Our Inner Self
- Emotional wellness is having healthy control and maintaining a comfortable balance of your emotions in all of the areas your life.
- Spiritual Wellness Defines Meaning and Purpose in Our Life
- Spiritual wellness is a sense of harmony created first from within; and secondly guided by the social and physical aspects of life.
- Can the Definition of Wellness be Defined?
- The definition of wellness is not just about eating well and exercising, it's a balance between physical wellness (nutrition and health) as well as the other important 'lifestyle' dimensions.
- Wellness Helper BlogConnecting Health and Wellness
- The Health and Wellness-Helper Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the Wellness-Helper.com web-site. Subscribe here.
- Wellness-Helper Site Map
- Wellness-Helper Site Map
- Contact Us
- Contact Us - Let us know what you’re thinking. All feedback and comments are greatly appreciated.
- Wellness-Helper Search
- Search Wellness-Helper.com or the Web
- Contribute to Wellness-Helper.Com
- Would you like to share your knowledge about wellness-helper.com? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.