20 Easy Energy Saving Tips
Energy saving tips to be more efficient inside and outside of your home.
- Change the setting on the hot water heater to 120 degrees.
- Insulate the hot water heater tank and piping within 6 feet.
- Install a programmable thermostat to automatically regulate the temperature in your home.
- Replace filters in the furnace as needed.
- Close any vents in rooms that aren't being used.
- Open all south facing curtains or blinds early in the morning. This will heat the interior of your house.
- Clean behind appliances, check vents for debris and possible blockage to any mechanics.
- Clean all registers and baseboards ensuring that none are blocked.
- Leave the oven open after cooking.
- Always turn off the lights when leaving a room.
- Use fluorescent light bulbs instead of incandescent light bulbs.
- Hang your clothes up to dry instead of using the dryer.
- Install low-flow shower heads and faucets.
- Only run the dishwasher and washing machine when completely full.
- Water the grass early in the morning or after the sun has gone down to avoid evaporation.
- Take showers instead of baths.
- Turn off the computer and printer if you're not using them.
- Use power strips for home entertainment equipment and turn them off when not in use.
- Add insulation in the walls and attic.
- Caulk or re-caulk the weather stripping around all windows.
See More About: Personal Finance
| Budget Planning
| Money Saving Tips
Return From Energy Saving Tips To Wellness-Helper Home Page